Get to know energy choice in Georgetown
Georgetown is just north of Austin, Texas, and what it may lack in population (just under 50,000 at the last census), it makes up for in history and attractions. Residents can explore the mysterious Inner Space Cavern, take a break at Blue Hole Park, or go back in time in the historic district. Residents of this central Texas town also have access to multiple electricity providers.
Atlas helps you chart a path to the best Georgetown electric prices and plans. We factor in your usage, household, and habits to make sure we’re recommending a plan that will work throughout the year – all at no cost to you.
Your map to Georgetown utilities and providers
Your electric utility company delivers energy to your home, maintains power lines, and deals with any power outages. Oncor Electric Delivery is the utility that serves Georgetown.
- Customers: 10+ million
- Areas served: 408 cities and 98 counties across the state
- Outages: Call 888-313-4747 or go to the outage center
Atlas makes choosing the right provider easier. We understand exactly how energy plans in Texas work, and our algorithm can do the math to find the best fit for you. Energy companies in Georgetown include:
|4Change Energy||Direct Energy||Gexa Energy||Reliant Energy|
|Bulb Energy||Discount Power||Iberdrola||TriEagle Energy|
|Chariot Energy||Express Energy||Just Energy||TXU Energy|
|Cirro Energy||First Choice Power||Payless Power|
|Constellation Energy||Frontier Utilities||Pulse Power|
How Atlas compares Georgetown electric plans
Many Texas cities have deregulated electricity, giving consumers more options for their electricity plan. While this is a good thing, it can make signing up for an energy rate more complicated, especially given the complex nature of Texas electricity.
Some challenges involved in choosing the right Georgetown electricity rates include:
- Prices that change. Some rates may start out within your budget and then shift drastically. For instance, plans that are tied to the wholesale market will fluctuate wildly on price. Other plans, meanwhile, have stable rates from month to month.
- Seasonal bills. In 2019, the average Texas electricity bill hit a low of $95 in April and a high of $196 in August. How often you use your air conditioning and heat may help determine which energy plan is right for you.
- Plan structures that are hard to decode. The pricing structure per kilowatt-hour (kWh) of usage can be complicated. Some customers are charged less for using 1,000 kWh than they are for using 999 kWh, depending on the terms of the plan.
Atlas can help you avoid these pitfalls by testing your usage on different plans before you sign up. Your recommendations will be based on your specific needs, not a one-size-fits-all evaluation.
Why Atlas is different
At Atlas, our customers come first. Our algorithm ensures you are recommended a plan that will work for you right now and in 12 months. If we find something better, we’ll let you know and help you switch.
In other words, we’re not just about serving you today’s lowest rates. We understand that energy bills are made of more than that. We take into account changing seasons, pricing structures, plan features, and more. Our algorithm does the math for you so you can see what your bill will look like throughout the year on different plans – and make a more informed choice.
Enter your address to start saving
Find the cheapest Georgetown energy rate for you
So, how does this all come at no charge? Atlas has to make money, but we do so through the providers, not our users. They pay us to get their names on the map and trust that their value will shine through. We don’t factor their wishes into our recommendations.
To get started, enter your address. We’ll ask for details about your energy usage and other needs and have our algorithm do the math. Give Atlas a few minutes and we’ll give you a personalized map to energy savings.